Places

The Brick Church

The Brick Church

© Memorial Hall Museum, Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association

First Church of Deerfield, by the Allen Sisters, 1896.

Deerfield's 5th meeting house, built in 1824, continued to serve as a spiritual and civic center of the town into the twentieth century. It was during "a great gathering" here that Madeline Yale Wynne first inspired town residents to consider taking up Arts and Crafts activities.