Places

Gertrude Cochrane Smith Shop

Netting & Candlewick Embroidery

Gertrude Cochrane Smith Shop

© Memorial Hall Museum, Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association

Gertrude Cochrane Smith House and Shop by the Allen Sisters, between 1907 and 1915.

Gertrude Cochrane Smith sold netting and tufted and knotted textiles from her 18th century house on the Street of old Deerfield, between 1911 and 1924. During the 19th century, the building housed a school for young ladies.